Thursday 1 November 2007

Things are coming together

I have a plane ticket. A fried of mine has a place for rent, a gorgeous little place in a great area. And I've joined a mailing list for ex-pats to get the inside scoop (god bless the internet).

In the first batch of emails was a notice from someone looking to hire people in my profession. When things like that happen I tend to take it as a sign of a gift from the universe, but frankly I'm still sulking about this particular gift. Wah! Don't wanna work! But I have to admit that of course my bank balance would be a lot happier if I did...

6 comments:

tangobaby said...

Are you moving there or just taking an extended visit? When are you leaving?!!

How exciting!!

Psyche said...

I'm going in January, to dance and learn, for as long as I can. I thought it would be silly to try to decide beforehand how long that will be, because who knows how I'll feel about it when I get there? I'm aiming for at least three months, but longer if I can manage it.

miss tango said...

uh oh....another one who is going to be bitten!

Psyche said...

Heh, yes, a lot of people have been saying that! They keep telling me I won't be coming back. I'm ruling nothing out! New Year feels like a great big door that I can't see through - anything could be on the other side.

Sallycat said...

Hey, just found and am loving your blog via tangobaby. I am English and came out here in March (thinking 3 months) and am still here having bought a tiny home! I don't know if you have come across my blog yet, but maybe, just maybe there might be a few bits and pieces to interest you there, as you approach your big adventure...
Suerte y un abrazo fuerte.

Psyche said...

Hey Sally! Welcome!

Yes, I found and have been devouring your blog! I'm finding it very encouraging. I started at the beginning and have reached July - I'm catching up gradually!