Wednesday 21 May 2008

Martin and Mauricio

And now some good same-sex tango.

Back in January I saw Martin and Mauricio perform at a party in Tango Brujo, and I loved them. Their performance was beautiful and intimate and dynamic, and I loved the way they moved. I've seen some guys who take on a strange quality when they follow, all tiptoes and twiddles, as if they're trying to mimic the girls, but Martin and Mauricio both moved like themselves the whole time; they did everything followers do, but with their own quality of movement. It was gorgeous.

At the time I looked to see if anyone had put it on YouTube so I could share it with you, but it wasn't there. But now it seems YouTube is full of them! They're obviously touring Europe at the moment. There are also videos of them at Tango Brujo, but I think it must be a more recent performance.

Anyway, I recommend a good browse for M&M, and to get you started, here's a little milonga.

5 comments:

msHedgehog said...

Ooooooh! I've never seen them before. I'll have to have a look!

Thank you.

(I love the suits.)

Psyche said...

So glad you like them!

Mtnhighmama said...

That was delightful,and I could just feel the fffuuunnnnn...

I'll add them to my youtube lists!

Thanks for posting.

mens dress shirt said...

Thanks for sharing your experience I love sweet tango.

Anonymous said...

Does уouг site have a cοntaсt
page? I'm having trouble locating it but, I'd like to sеnԁ you аn email.
Ӏ've got some ideas for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great site and I look forward to seeing it develop over time.

Here is my blog post: facebook cuenta gratis